Monday 18 December 2017

Dejected and Disappointed


In my part of the world, it's well after four in the morning.

For whatever reason, I just couldn't sleep (although I am getting tired as I am typing this out) and decided to have a look at Facebook on my phone. More specifically, I wanted to see if there was any information on the World of Warplanes page about the upcoming events and update. Much to my surprise, I came across a Live stream from MilitiaMeathead. As you can see above, I wasted no time asking the top questions on my mind at the time.
 

I should have known I wasn't going to get an answer, but it was a chance worth taking. Despite that, I watched as he flew his XFL-1 around, shooting down both bots and dueling players. I was rather impressed that a guy better known in the Tanking circles could perform aerial combat very proficiently. I typed out a few more things, such as what he was using to stream and helping to identify a player requested aircraft for him to fly.

This feeling of being ignored, which started with my first unanswered question, continued to get stronger. I watched and listened to him respond to people before and after my comments/inquires and I became disinterested in remaining to watch any more action out of him. Perhaps the other folks were regulars and he was more familiar with them, then bothering to engage with some stranger who just appeared for the first time on his stream?

At any rate, I left dejected after that brief experience and make no plans to repeat that episode, anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment