Sunday 22 October 2017

Flying Tank No More


It has to be well over a year since I flew any of my Soviet attack aircraft and in that time, got used to flying faster, more maneuverable and very frail in comparison fighters. Now, couple that admission with all of the changes that came in Update 2.0. (including the revamped ground targets) and I thought I had a real disaster on my hands.

From my own memory, the premium, tier V IL-2 (mod.) I selected to demonstrate for one of my YouTube viewers didn't fly nearly as I expected it to. It is still the big lumbering and clumsy object that should fall from the sky at any moment, but more so now then ever before.

To the pleasure and delight of one certain player, it's "superhuman" armor feels thinned to being nearly nonexistent. My IL took more punishment than other aircraft I have flown thus far, but not quite up to the levels I remember. And of course, there was the "never miss" rear gunner, either suffering from a severe hangover or his gun has been loaded with more blanks than live rounds. Switching to manual aiming didn't seem to help with this.

However, my observations are based on a three battle session, the first two being defeats and the final victory....

No comments:

Post a Comment