Tuesday 28 February 2017

Canadian Jets - de Havilland DH-100 Vampire F.III EEP42392

A new and continuing feature that I am importing over from my War Thunder Live days (I will talk about that experience at a later date). Started this a few years ago, my original aim was to bring a little "Canadian" awareness to the War Thunder aviation community, through the use of their "Twitter" style format on the Live portal.

The project stalled and died shortly after I left War Thunder the first time, however I have decided to not only resurrect this project, but bring over the few completed entries I wrote and create future additions.

Without further ado, here is the first in this series....
 

Royal Canadian Air Force De Havilland DH-100 Vampire F.3 EEP42392.
Built by English Electric Aircraft, this fighter started life with the assigned RAF serial VP775, but never marked as such. Taken on strength 27 August 1948. Served with both No. 442 "City of Vancouver" Sqn at Sea Island, British Columbia, and with No. 1 Operational Training Unit at RCAF Station St. Hubert, Quebec, until retired in 1956.

Currently on display at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment