Thursday 29 March 2018

Easter Comes Early


Imagine my surprise when I logged into World of Warplanes today and I saw this?

Needless to say, I clicked on the link and checked things out.


It's usually around the Christmas Season when planes (and packages) go on sale (and I make my "once a year big purchase"), but this early Easter surprise has some aircraft I want to see, select tier VIII premiums, advertised with some really deep discounts and bonuses. Not the 15% seen in the past, a whooping 30% off! Now, the process of elimination begins.

I already own the Messerschimtt Me 109 TL, so scratch that off the list. I am terrible with Heavy Fighters (the French SE 100 is kinda the exception, for....reasons) and despite coming with a rear gunner, I doubt I would do myself any favors with picking that up.


By and far my favorite tier VIII premium is the Curtiss XF15C. Good firepower and heatcycle, flexible playstyle thanks to very good maneuverability. For me, it's almost perfect.

So, I decided to compare that to the J8M (should have been the German Me 163), classed as a Fighter and the Multirole I-260 (the lovechild of a Me 262 and Gloster Meteor).


I reversed the order and put up both aircraft against the first tier VIII premium that landed in my hangar, the Messerschimtt Me 109 TL.

By the numbers, the I-260 and 109 TL should be equals, just a slight deviation on a few attributes, but a familiar feel between the two of them. For a Fighter, the J8M appears to cover disappointment very well in the survivability and maneuverability departments. One is showing some flexibility, the other is pretty much pure BnZ.

However, if I did acquire the J8M, I would have all but one of the Japanese premium aircraft in the game (I didn't set out to make a collection, it just happened through events, giveaways and purchasing one aircraft). On the flip side, the I-260 would give me an upper tiered premium presence for my Soviet pilots (crossing that threshold the Kostikov 302 can't breach).

I dunno, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment