Monday 19 March 2018

Good Golly Gustav


There has always been something about the look of Messerschmitt 109 series I have found appealing.

As a kid, I thought it was the quintessential German fighter, since anytime I opened a book, magazine or watched a TV/Movie based on a World War II theme, one seemed to always make an appearance. When I got older and took on a more cerebral interest in aircraft, I was rather impressed on just how far the function of this aircraft had evolved, without compromising it's classic lines. In reality, it has to be the top of my list for favorite German planes, from the era.

In World of Warplanes, the 109 has carved out being a legend of it's own. Starting at tier IV, this aircraft had been to "go to choice" for a lot of players, some have even turned flying it as a career in the lower tiers. For me, I saw the loss of flexibility around tier V or VI (yeah, it's been that long to remember clearly) becoming more of the BnZ terror made successful by very skilled players.

However, that was in the pre-2.0 days and after perceiving some new behaviors from a few players and bots flying the Gustav in this post-1.9 era, I had to check things out....

No comments:

Post a Comment