Saturday 31 March 2018

Westwall Thoughts And Plane Pains

During this last weekend of Operation Westwall in World of Warplanes, I have finally decided to summarize my overall experience during this event.


I don't like Invasion. I think concept of what they are trying to do with it would work much better in coordinated "teamwork" situation, like Clan Wars. As a mode for random battles, I found it to be frustrating as a solo player and marginally better while in a Flight. However, fill out both rosters with human players (on some kind of VOIP) and let them go at it and I bet that would be a show worth watching.


I liked Attrition. Although it is more of a varied theme of the current Conquest mode, I feel the stakes are higher, thanks to the removal of the Squall Line, limiting the respawns and hopefully promoting some more "smart" playing.


In the aircraft department, the Soviet tier VII Yak-9U has turned out to be a real performer for me....




Not too bad for the first battle of the day with it!


The tier VI MiG I-210 has become a "suffer plane" for me.

Top guns? Check. Top Engine? Check. Top Airframe? Check. Decent Pilot? Check....




My best defeat and despite all of my crafty efforts, this was the last battle of a three game streak.




I finished things off by finally collecting a win, but it wasn't an easy one by any means. A few times during the sortie, Bubba_Zanetti and I squared off, I dropped him, he dropped me and I could feel things were starting to get personal for me. Needless to say, the death-spiral above the open pit mine had me sweating, but thanks for the battle Bubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment