Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Odd Humor Of Fate And Luck


So, it's the day after picking up a tier VII North American Mustang P-51K to top out my Chinese line in World of Warplanes.

Naturally, as with a lot of people having something new, I was....giddy to take it out for a flight or two. Turns out that two was needed to collect a victory. The first battle was an epic facepalming event that I was merely another target for the enemy team to toy with. Needless to say I didn't bother with screenshots (nor a video) to keep a record of just how bad things went for the good guys. However, the second battle was a lot better overall, but still a bit lacking in the personal results department.


In the grand scheme of things, coming in second isn't so much a bad thing, but I am disappointed the results weren't more favorable to how I perceived the battle.

If I was to end my session, especially with Chinese themed aircraft, taking the tier V Tomahawk IIb seemed to be the right choice to make. Since I got a good warmup with the Mustang, how bad could things get with the Curtiss?


You would have a hard time convincing me that Lady Luck and Fate didn't conspire to prank me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment