Thursday 13 July 2017

Operation Dynamo


Dunkirk, the upcoming epic from Christopher Nolan, is one of those movies I have been waiting for with baited breath.

When I was much younger, I hung out and listened to a small group of veterans recount their version of events that took place on that beach during those perilous times. One of them even claimed to be a pilot, helping to providing air cover for the evacuation. 

Was it true or fantasy? I will never know for sure, since all of them have been gone many years now, but the stories they told....


With World of Warplanes launching their Operation Dynamo event, I took a look at the requirements and made my decision on a course of action. I am not exactly sure just how much gametime I will have available over the next while, so I have settled on attempting one of the two aircraft that can be earned during this special.


It may or may not come as a shock to some, but the Spitfire is the prize I will try my very best to attain. Of all the propeller powered fighters of World War II, the Supermarine Spitfire is my second favorite choice that actually saw service (the Hawker Hurricane beats it out for the top spot in my books). Every chance I have to see one (or a faithful replica) in the real world, let alone touch one, I make the time for it to happen.

So, with this opportunity to earn a mid-tier premium version of this iconic aircraft, I will give it my best shot to put one in my hangar.

Tally Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment