Saturday 15 July 2017

The Mark V Hero


"People say that after the Battle of Trafalgar, England was safe from invasion for ever. But if it wasn’t for the Spitfire, we would have been invaded in 1940."

As much as I wanted the first win in this Operation Dynamo event to be claimed in the Hawker Hurricane, the victory I wanted to close out the first leg of this journey was to be with a Supermarine Spitfire. This had been my plan all along and it went off without a hitch, it was the in-between stuff I had to figure out on the fly.


In another town, just up the road from where I am, there is a place called the Spitfire Lounge and Grill. I have never eaten there, nor taken part in other activities attached to the establishment, but the fact they put a plane on the roof, yeah, I just had to add this to something....somewhere. Granted, it's not a real airplane, it is a very faithful, full-size replica that captures it's very essence and sparks the imagination.

To a reality just out of reach, to a plane I will never really fly, here's to you Spitfire....

No comments:

Post a Comment