Saturday 10 February 2018

Hurricane Under Glass


Although the main objective for my visit to the Canadian Museum of Flight, in Langley B.C. was to make a video tour with my own personal commentary, I also took a number of pictures of other exhibits that interested me.

Among all the displays between the small, cramped and crowded outdoor area and the size restrictive indoor Quonset Hut aircraft hangar, I managed to locate another goal of my journey. Despite my best efforts to reduce, or even eliminate the reflections on the glass case that housed it, this would be the best shot of the Hawker Hurricane exhibit I could take. I spent quite a few minutes taking in the effort and results of what was in front of me.

The model of IIC LF686 was well done, but I could tell it was completed a very long time ago.


Interesting tidbit to pass along, there is a real IIC LF686 still around. I am not sure if it's one in the same aircraft as the model depicts, but the real one is now part of the the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum collection.

So, how would brand new Hawker Hurricane IIC perform in World of Warplanes, flown by me?

No comments:

Post a Comment